Roasted Red Pepper & Hummus Soup
6 red bell peppers
1 large onion, chopped
1 tbs olive oil
5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 package S & J’s Hot Enough Hummus
1 6-oz can of tomato paste
1 cup heavy cream OR non-dairy alternative such as Almond Breeze or Soymilk
Bouquet Garni: Fresh thyme, rosemary, bayleaf.
1. Roast peppers until skin darkens. Peel, seed and chop.
2. Heat oil in saucepan, saute onion until soft.
3. Add red pepper, stock, bouquet garni, let simmer for 20 minutes, remove from heat, discard bouquet garni.
4. In food processor, combine hummus, tomato paste, cream or non-dairy substitute. Blend until smooth.
5. Gradually add to soup and cook for at least 10 more minuets, stirring frequently.
6. Garnish with reserved hummus and thyme sprig.